This Saturday, April 27, Oshkosh’s 3rd Annual Chester Marcol 5K Walk for Suicide Awareness will take place at the Oshkosh North HS gym. Registration begins at 7:30 am and the walk will begin at 9:00 am. Students can register for just $10, and the proceeds benefit the Community for Hope of Greater Oshkosh.
Two years ago I attended the very first Walk for Suicide. It was a great experience, and I was amazed to discover how many peoples’ lives are affected by suicide. Even with the growing knowledge and availability of mental health services in our community, far too many youth and adults suffer in silence.
10. It will be way more fun than anything else going on at 9 am on Saturday.
9. You’ll get some fresh air and exercise.
8. Lots of free stuff!
7. Lots of valuable information—also given out for free!
6. I’ll be there giving windmill high fives to everyone who wants one (trust me, you want one).
5. You can meet Packer Hall of Fame kicker Chester Marcol. He gives high fives too.
4. There will be raffles for some amazing prizes, including CUSA tickets and merchandise autographed by Donald Driver and Clay Matthews!
3. You can show your support to those affected by suicide in our community.
2. You can receive support if your life has been affected by suicide.
1. You’ll be supporting a very good cause.
Check out the website for more details on this awesome event: